Morton Plant Caring Partners Announces 2006 Executive Board|
CLEARWATER, Fla., (March 7, 2006) -Morton Plant Caring Partners started off the new year by installing members of the 2006 Executive Committee of the Board of Directors at a luncheon on January 17. Members include:
* Jack Bower, president, a volunteer since 2001
* Bill Snyder, executive vice president, a volunteer since 2002
* Shirley Gentry, vice president, a volunteer since 1996
* Robin Falzone, vice president, a volunteer since 2002
* Janet Ferguson, secretary, a volunteer since 2003
* Joel Guinand, treasurer, a volunteer since 2001
The committee oversees fundraising efforts of Morton Plant Caring Partners including three gift shops, a re-sale shop and Lactation Station, a store that sells and rents nursing supplies to new mothers. The committee is also responsible for coordinating several community outreach services including:
* CareVan and HealthRide, free van transportation services
* Camp Living Springs, a camp for adult cancer survivors
* Medicare Counseling
In 2005, more than 1,100 volunteers with Morton Plant Caring Partners provided almost 170,000 hours of support to Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital in New Port Richey, Bardmoor Outpatient and Surgery Center in Largo and Trinity Outpatient Center in New Port Richey. Volunteer opportunities are available for those 14-years of age or older seven days a week with flexible day, evening and weekend hours. For more information, please call volunteer services at (727) 734-6262.
Nationally recognized for health care excellence, Morton Plant Mease Health Care is dedicated to providing community owned health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. Morton Plant Mease Health Care is comprised of the following hospitals - Morton Plant, Clearwater; Mease Dunedin, Dunedin; Mease Countryside, Safety Harbor and Morton Plant North Bay, New Port Richey.
Contact: Amy Morrow (727) 461-8538 Phone, (727) 468-7586 Pager