Awards and Recognition
Growing Stronger To Meet Community Need
The development of new programs, services and technologies reflects Morton Plant North Bay’s commitment to meet increasing community health service needs. For example:
- In 2011, Morton Plant North Bay opened a new 9,750 square-foot cardiovascular center that provides the most advanced imaging equipment for cardiac care diagnostics and interventions, including elective and emergency heart catheterizations and angioplasties.
- Morton Plant North Bay was Pasco County's first completely digital hospital after implementing the Picture Archive Communication System. This computerized system creates digital images of X-rays, CT scans and ultrasounds, making it easier and faster for physicians to access patients’ test results and offer diagnosis and treatment.
- Morton Plant North Bay was the first hospital in Pasco County to use cutting-edge, computer-aided surgery navigation system for knee, hip and back surgery, enabling physicians to place knee and hip components in the exact anatomical position, increasing longevity and function of the knee or hip.
- The facility offers a recently expanded, 5,060-square foot emergency care department, including a triage area, enlarged waiting room, computerized bedside registration, and 15 treatment rooms, including a dedicated pediatric treatment room.
- The hospital became the first and only facility in Pasco County to offer a hospitalist program to provide patients who do not have a physician with a medical team to coordinate their care during a hospital stay.