Morton Plant Hospital is accredited by the National Accreditation for Breast Centers, an honor bestowed on select cancer programs by the American College of Surgeons. This distinguishes our breast cancer program and its many facilities for superior patient care and our commitment to continuously improving patient outcomes through research, testing and treatment.
We offer patients multiple facilities for breast cancer care and education in the Tampa Bay area, including the Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center and the Comprehensive Breast Care Center of Tampa Bay. Both of these facilities are conveniently housed in the Axelrod Pavilion, a new, state-of-the-art facility that features a comforting, spa-like atmosphere and the latest technology in breast care. The talented team of specialists at the Comprehensive Breast Care Center of Tampa Bay is led by surgical oncologists Dr. Peter Blumencranz and Dr. Kathleen Allen.
Our breast cancer care services include, but are not limited to:
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI)
- Digital screening mammography
- Digital diagnostic mammography
- Minimally invasive breast biopsy
- Regional, systemic and combination chemotherapy
- Lymphedema rehabilitation
- External beam radiation therapy (EBRT)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Breast reconstruction (implants and natural tissue)
- Mastectomy (partial, full, complete and total)
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
Breast Cancer Care Facilities at Morton Plant Hospital
For a free physician referral, please call the BayCare Customer Service Center at (727) 462-7500 or find a specialist near you. You can also take our free online risk assessment for breast cancer. Our various breast cancer care facilities in Clearwater, FL, include: