At Mease Dunedin Hospital, we diagnose and treat thousands of patients with neck and back problems including:
- Job-related and motor vehicle injuries
- Arthritis or osteoporosis
- Strains, sprains or factures
- Spinal stenosis
Treatment for spine injuries and conditions usually has three major steps:
- Treatment begins with comprehensive testing and analysis by our board certified orthopedic surgeons.
- Beginning stages of treatment may include prescribed medications and physical therapy, which offer many patients relief from back pain. Lower back pain is a common medical problem, usually coming from the mechanical part of the back, including spinal joints, discs, vertebrae or soft tissues. Less than 1 percent of people with short-term lower back pain have a serious cause, such as cancer or infection.
- Some patients may require surgical treatment.
If surgery is required, we offer the best in both surgical expertise and state-of-the-art equipment. Our facility features leading-edge technology including three-dimensional imaging tools and an image-guided surgery system. This combination of expertise and technology allows our surgeons to use innovative minimally invasive techniques to reduce post-operative pain, decrease the need for pain medication and facilitate rapid rehabilitation and recovery.
Spine Nurse Navigator
To improve continuity of care, our spine program offers nurse coordinators who walk each patient through admission, surgery, pre/post operation and/or treatment process.
After discharge, patients usually have physical therapy. Our rehabilitation centers provide personalized therapy plans for each patient. Your physician will recommend this rehabilitation therapy; it is covered by most government and private insurance plans.
International Center for Spine Surgery
Mease Dunedin Hospital has created a unique and convenient program for people living outside the United States who are suffering from neck or back pain and who have not been able to get the surgery they need to relieve their symptoms. This program includes a coordination of care by our expert spine surgery navigators. Your surgery, testing, accommodations, transportation from the airport and more will be included in one price. As an added benefit, you will be able to enjoy your recovery from surgery in our beautiful seaside town of Dunedin, Florida. Learn more about the International Center for Spine Surgery.
For more information about our treatments for spine conditions, please call (727) 462-7500.