Cardiovascular - Morgan Heart Hospital at Morton Plant
As a national leader in cardiovascular health, Morton Plant Hospital conducts more open heart and interventional procedures than any other hospital in Pinellas County through its award-winning Morgan Heart Hospital. Each year, nearly 500 open-heart surgeries, 3,800 interventional procedures and 3,200 diagnostic services are performed, and the nationally-renowned heart program continues to grow.
At Morton Plant Hospital, we use the industry’s most advanced technologies to accurately detect specific types of heart disease and related conditions. These results equip cardiologists and other specialists to order and perform treatments that save lives and allow our patients to resume normal activities. If a test reveals that a patient needs immediate surgery, we offer one of the area’s newest and best-equipped facilities as well as a dedicated staff of cardiovascular surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and other specialists.
The newest addition to Morton Plant is the new Valve Clinic for treating patients with cardiac valve disorders. Within this new clinic, cardiovascular surgeons and cardiologists work side-by-side in Tampa Bay’s most advanced hybrid operative suite to perform lifesaving procedures, including the new transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedure (TAVR). A testament to its high standards of quality, Morton Plant Hospital was the first hospital in Tampa Bay chosen to offer the TAVR procedure for patients with severe aortic stenosis, making it also the most experienced in the area. These patients, who were previously not eligible candidates for surgery, can now receive relief thanks to this monumental procedure.
Award Winning Cardiovascular Care
- Morton Plant Hospital is the only heart hospital in the country to be recognized for 13 consecutive years by Thomson Reuters’ as being one of the top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Cardiovascular services.
- The highest distinction from the Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS) is the 3-star rating, and Morton Plant Hospital has won it seven out of eight times. Only 15 percent of the nation’s top performers receive the 3-star rating every year.
- A testament to its excellent nurses, Morton Plant Hospital and the other hospitals of Morton Plant Mease are a few of only 7 percent of hospitals in the U.S. that are designated as Magnet-recognized hospitals.
Quality, Comfort, and Convenience for our Patients and their Families
- Patients recovering from open-heart surgery recuperate in one room during their entire stay instead of moving from room-to-room.
- There are 21 private rooms, each featuring their own beautiful accommodations including wood floors, wireless Internet access, climate control, refrigerators and sleeper chairs for families. Plus, many rooms feature a view of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Visitors are welcome anytime, and waiting rooms are equipped with televisions, comfortable furniture and wireless Internet access.
Although, heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States, prevention is possible. Find out more about preventing heart disease.
For a referral to a cardiovascular physician, please visit our online physician finder or call (727) 462-7500.
Morgan Heart Hospital at Morton Plant
300 Pinellas Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Maps & Directions
If you are experiencing symptoms of heart disease, please contact your physician or cardiologist so that you can be tested and receive immediate treatment.
If you are experiencing pressure, heaviness or pain in the chest, arm or below the breastbone alone or in combination with sweating, nausea, extreme shortness of breath or irregular heartbeats, you may be having a heart attack. Please call 911 immediately.