Activ Trax provides customized strength training workouts that utilize any and all of the strength equipment that you enjoy! Each visit, this Web-based program creates a new workout based on your goals and abilities, so you never get bored and you ALWAYS feel challenged! Activ Trax tells you exactly which machine to use, how much weight, sets, and repetitions to do, length of rest time between sets, and how to progress in your program.
The workouts provided each day by Activ Trax are based on:
- Your goals of weight loss, weight maintenance, muscle-building, and your endurance
- How much weight you were able to lift the session before
- Your level of fitness
How is Activ Trax different than Fitness Advisor?
With Activ Trax, the emphasis is on actual movement rather than movement speed. You count your own repetitions as you would when working out with free weights or cables, and it's easier to concentrate on your movement because there's no beeping equipment to distract you.
- Activ Trax incorporates ALL strength equipment in the wellness center, not just the machines. This will give you greater variety in your workout, which will lead to greater success!
- You will still do a strength assessment to determine proper weights, but it will be much shorter than the one required by Fit Advisor. Activ Trax only requires six exercises to assess your strength, and collectively they provide a better indicator of your strength than Fit Advisor's more lengthy assessment.
- Activ Trax is a web-based program, which means that you can take your workout with you to any of our wellness centers in Clearwater, Palm Harbor or St. Petersburg. There is even a travel module for you if you visit a hotel gym while on the road!
- Activ Trax also includes a nutrition component that is recommended and used by our hospital-based dietitian. This will allow you to receive suggestions on proper nutrition for your weight loss, weight maintenance, or weight gain goals. It will also allow you to track your meals and calories for the day. Your wellness coach and/or Personal Trainer will also be able to view your diary to assist you in reaching your goals.
If I have a personal trainer, do I need to use Activ Trax?
We recommend you use Activ Trax on the days that you are not with your personal trainer. This way, your trainer can create a program for you to accomplish on your days alone that still offers support and variety, as if being with the trainer.