Preparing For Your Procedure
Before Your Procedure:
- After your physician's office has scheduled your procedure, you will receive a telephone call from one of our nurses.
- We will review your pre-op instructions and confirm your arrival time.
- We will ask you about your health. The information you provide will help us prepare for your procedure.
- If you suspect that you may be pregnant, please notify your physician. Anesthesia and certain medications can be harmful to your developing baby.
- If our team has not contacted you by the day before your scheduled procedure, please call our pre-admission nurse at (727) 394-5318.
The Night Before Your Procedure:
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure - including water, gum, mints or vitamins - unless your physician or nurse has given you special instructions stating otherwise. This fasting is very important for your safety. If you do not follow these instructions, your procedure may be delayed or rescheduled.
- If you are taking medications, the nurse will give you instructions on what you should do. Please bring a list of medications you are taking with you.
The Morning of Your Procedure:
- Do not eat or drink anything unless you have been given special instructions to do otherwise.
- Do not wear jewelry, a watch or makeup. If you wear contact lenses, please bring a case and/or your glasses.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home. The surgery center is not responsible for lost articles.
- A responsible adult must be available to drive you home and remain with your for a designated time following your procedure.
- Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian with them to sign consent forms.
- If you are diabetic, we will test your blood sugar upon arrival. If you take insulin, please bring it with you.
- If you use inhalers, please bring them with you.
- Bring a list of the names and doses of current medications.
- Remember to bring your insurance and identification cards with you.
- Please be prepared to pay any insurance co-pays or other deductibles prior to your procedure.
Arriving at Our Surgery Center:
- Please sign in with the receptionist. Make sure you have proper phone numbers to contact your family or the person bringing you home.
- The admission nurse will bring you to the pre-op area where you will change into a patient gown and receive further instructions and treatment as necessary to prepare for your procedure.
- You will meet your anesthesiologist who will answer any of your questions and then you will be taken to the procedure room.