From offering the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques to participating in clinical trials that bring important new procedures into the mainstream, Morton Plant Mease is at the forefront of the fight against cancer.
After years of educating and treating cancer patients, we've compiled quite an impressive list of "firsts":
- First hospital in Florida to participate in a pioneering research study on a new antibody imaging agent for prostate cancer patients
- First in the state of Florida with an American College of Radiology accreditation in radiation therapy
- First hospital in the Tampa Bay area to have a breast program accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- First in the Tampa Bay area to perform stereotactic radiosurgery and brachytherapy
- First fixed-site to offer Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan in the Tampa Bay area
- First comprehensive community cancer center in Pinellas County